Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Two Weeks

A Photo By Wnolte
My first two weeks of college golf have been both exciting, and frustrating.  Golfing in college has been a dream of mine since I was a little boy, and so far it has lived up to the hype.  The only thing that could make it better was if I was playing better.  I came into San Antonio playing golf only on bent grass - for those of you that don't know what bent grass is, it's grass that doesn't have grain - and in the south a majority of the golf courses have Bermuda grass.  I never thought the type of grass could make such a huge impact on my golf game.  It isn't so much my long shots that it affects, but my putting.  You see, with the Bermuda grass the grain affects the balls path along with the slope of the green.  By adding this unfamiliar factor, my putting game has hit rock bottom.  It's definitely going to take some getting used to.  Unfortunately, I did not make the cut to travel with the team for first tournament.  But I am confident that I will conquer the Bermuda grass, and make the traveling squad by next tournament.  So long for now.

                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment